Wednesday, March 7, 2012

~ Weekly Proverb ~

About everyday, my family and I read one chapter of Proverbs. Proverbs is a great book to find a small amount of wisdom needed to begin the day. There are exactly 31 chapters in Proverbs, covering tons of information that everyone goes through all everyday. They are awesome verses, and I would like to share with you a Weekly Proverb that meant the most to me.

Proverbs 24:1-2

1 Do not be envious of evil men,
Nor desire to be with them;
2 For their hearts devises violence,
And their lips talk of troublemaking.

I used to work at a little Pizza restaurant, and I wanted to be a lot like the people that worked there. I acted like them, and I talked like them, and I tried to be like them because I thought they were "cool." However, as time went by, each one of them either got fired by doing something stupid, or they quit their jobs in anger and in rebellion.

Do I want to be like that??? No! I do not want to be envious of evil men, nor do I want to desire to be like them. They talk of drugs and of not of the fruits of the Spirit, rather they talk of the sins of the flesh. I do not want to be like them, and nethier should you.

Do you have someone you look up to, and who you want to be like who isn't a Godly person? Or who doesn't give wisdom to others, but teaches evil and lives it? Maybe it's time for you to turn away from them, as I did my "evil" role models. Do not let other influence your life if they sin and speak evil.

Hope you all enjoyed the first Weekly Proverb, let me know what you think

No comments: