Monday, February 27, 2012

Gullible

Hello Everyone!!

Have any of you seen the thing that has been going around? It is now a proven fact! If you say oranges really slowly it sounds like gullible. (You may have to say it a few times!)


OK, so I'm pretty sure that I said it about five times before I got it! But it might be that I am just very gullible person. I am always wanting to believe the best in others and not to judge them, which can be a good or bad thing, because at times it may not be the truth. But how do you do you know when you need to judge or not? I will try to answer that question as well as I can.

Well, I looked it up in the bible and found five verses that I thought were pretty relevant.

Psalms 43:3
Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!
Let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your tabernacle.


Psalms 25:4-5
Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.


Psalms 51:6
Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.


John 8:31-32
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

James 1:5-6
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.

So if you lack wisdom, or judgment (like me) " let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him"

So, I know I am hitting on a lot of topics, but I just have one more that I think is very important.

First I want to share a verse!
2 Timothy 3: 1-7
"But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!"

It is crazy to me how specific these are, yet how many people I know that have these exact issues! I mean, how many people do you know are disrespectful to their authority's/parents (proud, disobedient to parents, headstrong, haughty,), or people who spend all their time of Facebook (slanderers, without self-control) or video games. (lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, brutal, despisers of good,) Another thing that is very important to acknowledge is that if you love something (or someone) more than God, you are sinning. It (or they) are an idol that needs to be removed, even if it is not a "bad" thing in the first place.


And continued:


"For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. " (NKJV)

Again, the woman reminded me of the "Feminist" woman now days. Not by the fact that she was gullible, but that she "Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." A woman is given so many gifts, yet many of them throw them away. I mean a woman is given the gift of protection, and guidance, whether it is from her dad or her husband; yet so many women are "fighting" for "independence and freedom." I believe God made women with a more trusting and submissive mind, heart and judgment, and that is a gift. But that is because it is to be protected my Men. Not because they are any less than a man, but because they are have a different part to play.


Thank you for reading and God Bless,
Gracie

2 comments:

Allison said...

LOL! I had to say "oranges" a crazy amount of times before I got it!!!
Good post, Gracie :)

God bless!

Unknown said...

that was a great post! : )

~*Chantelle*~