Monday, February 13, 2012

The Well

I have to say that I was a little disappointed with Mark Hall after reading his newly released book, The Well. After reading one of his other books and listening to the album, "Come To The Well," I was excited about reading this book and soaking up his knowledge of the Bible like I have before, but that isn't what happened.

But I did learn from the book. The whole book is based on the story of the woman at the well. He talks about how we draw from our own wells instead of the Lord's wells. He talks about the holes (wells) of approval, control, religion, talent, and a lot of others. He goes into these and talks about how they get ahead of Jesus.

My complaint with the book was that it was not very deep. He was a little flippant when he re-quoted Bible stories in his own words. He used modern day language which (in my opinion) was not very reverent.

All in all, a good book. I did learn from it but it did not teach me as much as a lot of other books I have read.

Matthew

No comments: