Monday, January 23, 2012

Crazy Love

While I was at Journey to the Heart, one of the staff said to us, "How many of you have ever thought this was a weird book (by its cover) and wouldn't really read it?" And most of us said "Yes." After the Journey I got some more recommendations for it and decided to read it.

While reading Crazy Love (~ Francis Chan), I kept thinking to myself: "I would like to write about this," and "Wow, I would like to share this passage." But after doing that 20-30 times I thought it would be better for you to read it. The wealth of information and knowledge in this book is amazing and eye-opening! It's about how we, as Christians, should be totally in love and obsessed with our Lord instead of just honoring Him out of duty and thinking He will be satisfied with just a small part of our day and time. Here is a quote from the book:

"I wrote this book because much of our talk doesn't match our lives. We say things like, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,' and 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart.' Then we live and plan like we don't believe God even exists. We try to set our lives up so everything will be fine even if God doesn't come through. But true faith means holding nothing back. It means putting every hope in God's fidelity to His promises."

Throughout the book he offers examples and tells how we can become closer to Christ. It really was an amazing book and I recommend it to all readers!

Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent book. It's not only an easy read, but something that will stick with you for a long time, potentially having the impact of totally changing your perspective of both God and yourself.