Sunday, January 15, 2012

Trust

Sometimes we are calm. Most of the time we are freaked out, worried, stressed- about things we cannot change. It sounds funny, but it's pretty much true. (Unless you are some super-awesome person who can never be worried. I congratulate you.)

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass." Psalm 37:7 (NKJV)


Maybe it's the little things that stress us out: the neighbor's barking dog, a crying child, etc. I stress out a lot when I am in a room full of people, all talking very loudly. What good will it do me? Worrying will not make the room quieter, it will not lessen the people in the room. It will only make me look grumpy, and other people will feel awkward because of it. It does us absolutely no good to be worried. Worry can accomplish nothing.

We need to trust in God, and really believe in this simple verse:
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

Sometimes worrying can become a nasty habit. So how do we break out of this? Here are a few tips I've learned:

Pray~ When you find yourself stressing about something you cannot change, pray. Pray for the thing you are most worried about, or for someone in your life who is struggling. Then relax. Relax, knowing that our God in Heaven knows all our needs, and will take care of us.

Memorize a verse in the Bible about trusting in God. (They are countless!) Recite it to yourself whenever you feel afraid.

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1 (NKJV
)

Trust~ There's really nothing more you can do than this simple thing. Sometimes it can seem impossible. But we need to trust in Jesus, trust in His care, and remember to;
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;" Philippians 4:6 (NKJV)
Tirzah

No comments: